Mac's Gems has been in business since 1989 serving the Northwest at Gem shows and serving the world online for years. Dave "Mac" and Deb McClain have dug many of the stones and set all of them into jewelry that will be cherished for generations. For two summers in 1999 and 2000 we were managers at the Jewel of the Rockies Sapphire Mine, now known as Gem Mountain. We are members of our local gem and mineral club The Hellgate Mineral Society and play a large role in our yearly gem show in Missoula. Mac is an accomplished lapidary as well as a master organic gardener. Deb manages the website end of the business and is a published author at http://gemstoneguru.com/1797/five-things-you-didnt-know-about-montana-yogo-sapphires/
Deb & Dave "Mac" McClain The McClain family has lived in Western Montana since 1983
Sapphires were discovered in Montana in the late 1800's by a gold miner working on one of the gravel bars on the Missouri River near Helena. By 1895, the relentless search for gold in Montana leads to the discovery of the most significant deposits of sapphire.
Sapphires are among the rarest gemstones in the world. Sapphires are also one of the hardest gemstones on earth are extremely durable, which means they will remain beautiful forever, perfect for a Montana sapphire engagement ring.
Montana sapphires have remarkable color and brilliance. There are some colors from Montana that are found nowhere else in the world. This combination is what makes the Montana Sapphire so appealing and unique.
For centuries, sapphires have been the choice of royalty for engagement rings. Sapphires are available in every color imaginable, which allow you to select the perfect piece of Montana sapphire jewelry to reflect your personal style.
We mined these Rock Creek sapphires in the beautiful mountains of Montana, facet them and set them into elegant yet affordable jewelry.
People often ask what is the difference between a yogo sapphire and a Montana sapphire. Yogo sapphires were mined near Utica Montana at Yogo Gulch sapphire mine. Yogos are usually cornflower blue or purple and are not heat treated, this is a natural sapphire. Yogos are usually small because of the way they formed, the rough is fairly flat. Yogo sapphires are Montana sapphires but Montana sapphires are not always Yogos. Our other Montana sapphires are from either Rock Creek or the Missouri River here in Montana and are usually larger and do come in all the colors of the rainbow. Although all Montana sapphires are rare and are no longer commercially mined, Yogos are the rarest and famous for their Yogo sapphire cornflower blue color and their place among the Crown Jewels of England.
Because of their hardness, Montana Yogo sapphire engagement rings are very popular.
Montana Yogo sapphires are always natural in color and never heat treated. All of our Montana Yogo sapphires come with a certificate of authenticity.
Visit our sapphire gallery of Montana sapphire photos featuring Yogo & Montana sapphire rings, Yogo & Montana sapphire earrings, Yogo & Montana sapphire pendants, Montana sapphire bracelets, Yogo & Montana sapphire loose faceted gemstones, Montana sapphire rough and rainbow sapphire jewelry.
Why choose Mac's Gems
For 25 years, we have been the leading retailer of Montana Sapphire jewelry. With our long standing tradition of offering our customers only the very best made in Montana product, we have risen to the top of our class and intend to stay there. Here are some reasons why we at Mac's Gems are renown as the best at what we do.
1. Choice. Whether you are looking for a Montana or Montana Yogo sapphire engagement ring, tennis bracelet, exclusive pendant, or stunning earrings, our dedicated team is committed to producing show-stopping pieces for your every need. From affordable sterling silver to sumptuous 14K white or yellow gold, featuring unique and rare designs, you will be spoiled for choice when picking the perfect gift for that someone special.
2. Handmade. We take pride in creating the perfect piece of jewelry. Each piece is hand crafted by a Montana craftsman with a commitment to detail and quality, you can be assured with over 20 years experience, that every piece passed from us to you adheres to the highest standards of jewelry making. Each piece comes with a certificate of authenticity and cleaning instructions.
3. Free Shipping Worldwide. No matter where you are in the world, we will ensure that your purchase will reach you safe and sound and every package is insured at no charge to you. We pride ourselves in offering our clients the best post-purchase service possible and this promise certainly encompasses free shipping. We pride ourselves on our prompt shipping.
4. Ethically and eco-friendly mined. We have a sterling reputation to uphold and believe that honesty and integrity are two main ingredients of success.
5. Direct from the miner to you. Many of these stones were dug and purchased years ago in Montana by our family and friends.
6. Fine & Extensive Collection. We understand that no two people are exactly alike. That is why we have come up with a wide array of precious collections to satisfy even the most discerning and jaded of buyers. No matter what you seek, you can be sure that we will have it.
7. Guarantee. We offer our clients a guarantee on all purchases. Do not hesitate to ask us about our flexible return and exchange policy. Sapphire is a 9 out of 10 on the Moh's hardness scale, second only to diamond and will last for generations to come.
8. Competitive Pricing. Our customers are treated to very competitive pricing on all our gems. Direct from the miner to you allows us to offer you exceptional deals and savings to our customers. You are welcome to compare our prices with that of our competitions. At Mac's Gems, customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
9. American owned and Montana mined. Our settings, chains and quality metal box imprinted Original Montana Sapphire Jewelry are all made in the U.S.A. Each box comes with a Made in Montana sticker.
10. Dedicated Team. At Mac's Gems, we are fully dedicated to looking after all our customers. You will always be treated to the best customer service possible. Give us a call anytime of the day and we will answer any question that have to do with our products and services.